A combined stay, what is it?
A combined stay is, as its name suggests, a stay that combines two trips in one.
Most often, these combined trips offer to spend a few days in a seaside resort (all inclusive), before or after a circuit to discover remarkable sites and cultural monuments of the country.
Combined stays in Cuba: the right formula for you?
The combined stays are made for you if:
– you want to be pampered in a seaside resort and relax in the shade of coconut trees, but also want to discover the local culture and history of Cuba
– you do not have the time or the desire to plan your own itinerary or to book your accommodation, transport and other activities
What combined stay in Cuba is made for you?
If you stay a week or less, you can opt for a stay that offers a simple extension to Havana, the picturesque Cuban capital. Do not miss the beautiful neighborhood of Habana Vieja! It is a gem of colonial architecture, sometimes beautifully restored, sometimes completely quaint. We love it!
If you have more time, you can opt for a longer circuit. Several options are available to you, the choice of the circuit will depend on your preferences:
– Travelers who love nature will prefer circuits in the Viñales Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On the program: hiking, biking or horseback riding, discover the incredible natural wealth of the valley and visit the tobacco plantations nearby.
– travelers who dream of discovering the mythical colorful colonial buildings of the “Pearl of the Caribbean” will prefer the circuits passing through Trinidad, Cienfuegos and possibly Santa Clara. Real pictures of postcards, as one can imagine!
Take some time to think about the formula that suits you best, according to your availability, your tastes and your desires.
Our recommendations for a successful combined stay in Cuba
For the vast majority of the combined stays, the few days in seaside resort take place:
– either in Varadero
– in the Jardines del Rey archipelagos (Cayo Las Brujas, Cayo Ensenachos, Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Coco, etc.)
If you opt for more than 3 days in seaside resort, we recommend you stays in Varadero. Indeed, if the islands of the archipelago Jardines del Rey are undoubtedly paradisiac, you will quickly run in circles.
Varadero, on the other hand, offers some possibilities of pleasant excursions around: caves visits, dolphinarium, ecological reserve, golf … activities to concoct a program more varied than in the archipelago Jardines del Rey!
Where and how to book your combined trip to Cuba?
Cuba is a destination that is becoming more attractive every day, and the offer of stays is plethoric. It can quickly be difficult to navigate!
As far as we are concerned, we recommend Voyage-prive.co.uk. As the name suggests, it is a French agency specialized in private sales of tourist stays.It has a varied and quality offer in Cuba! Plus: the agency often offers interesting discounts!